In order to get a medical cannabis recommendation and legally purchase cannabis products from dispensaries, some basic qualifications must be met.
Must be 18 years or older
Be an Arkansas resident with proof of residency. (AR Driver’s License or AR State ID card).
Diagnosis of a qualifying medical condition
Have certification from a physician
State law prohibits members of the Arkansas National Guard and the United States Military from obtaining a registry ID card.
- Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus/ acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Tourette’s syndrome
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Severe arthritis
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Intractable pain which is pain that has not responded to ordinary medications, treatment, or surgical measures for more than six (6) months
- Severe nausea
- Seizures including without limitation those characteristic of epilepsy
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms including without limitation those characteristic of multiple sclerosis
- and any other medical condition or its treatment approved by the Department of Health
Parents of a minor qualifying patient are not required to complete a criminal history check. The parent will still register as a caregiver and pay the non-refundable registry card application fee.